Monday 19 April 2010

Teach Meet Student Edition


There is nothing like a sneaky blog entry when I should be writing an assignment so here goes...




Tomorrow (20/04/2010) I am attending a TeachMeet in Aberdeen.  This will be my first time attending a TeachMeet and just for the fun of it I have signed up to present while I am there.  As the old adage goes "in for a penny, in for a pound".


A TeachMeet is an informal gathering of educationalists and the purpose is to share experiences, ideas and discover new things or in the words of the descriptor:


 "This is an informal gathering of those who want to share cool ideas they have tried in their classrooms."


The Presentations last either 2 minutes or 7 minutes and you have an allocation of 1 minute to set up.  This being the case (and the fact that once I start talking I often forget to pause for breath or indeed stop at all) I signed up to do one of each; a 7 minute presentation and a 2 minute nano presentation.  I am pretty well decided on what I am going to talk about but as I am not 100% sure I'm not going to tell you right now.  (Although it wouldn't take a great deal of detective work to find out)


and we get back to the issue of assignment procrastination...  Why is nearly anything else just so interesting when distractions should be most unwelcome?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen, I see what you mean about the new layout now that I'm on the computer and not on the Iphone-looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete